Sunday, March 15, 2009

My first blog.......hope I get this right!
















As I lay here in bed at 12:28 am, I thought it was a perfect time to start my own blog. I have to be up at 7:30 am to go to the Y to exercise--like that's gonna happen! I'm starting my final week as a Sweetser employee before I make the change to the Boothbay Region YMCA as the new Camp and Recreation Director. This is a difficult change after being employed for 12 years at Sweetser, but I think this change is needed. I am excited about this new transition in life and all there is to learn--my mailbox overfloweth! My five children may even be more excited then I am! I think they are thinking the Y will be their new home! Calvin, my 15 year old, is hoping to play basketball and create new friendships. Austin, who is 14, thinks he's going to be my "right hand man", and will probably try to take over! My 9 year old, Cameron, I will never see, for he is ALWAYS off seeking new adventures and meeting new people. Hunter, at age 7, hasn't really figured out what his niche is, but maybe his questions will be answered at the Y! Finally, my only daughter, Emilie, age 5, will continue her dance lessons, hoping Daddy will get to watch her every week. My wife, Candie, who seems to be spending a lot of time at the Y, holding on for dear life to the treadmill and swimming many laps in the pool, will probably drop in and visit me several times during the day--oh brother! I will continue to journal my last days at Sweetser and the beginning of my new career at BRYMCA, along with my "sitcom life" at home. So be sure to tune in!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there!! This looks great LOL!! Our family's blog is at:
    www.9abenaki.blogspot.com
    happy bloggin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed, Good Luck on your new adventure. I know you'll be great. I look forward to following you and your family on it's journey.

    ReplyDelete